September 25, 2013

Chocolate Cake

UPDATE: Please note this is not "top 8" allergen-free-friendly!! 

Who doesn't love a good chocolate cake? Surprisingly me... I typically don't opt for cake, I'm more a freshly baked pie kinda girl. But my husband loves chocolate cake, so what more says "I love you!" than coming home to a surprise in the middle of the work week? And oh my goodness, I think I finally found a chocolate cake I love too!! Yum!!!
Here's my new twist on Devil's food cake:
Ingredients:
1 box of Devil's Food Cake
1 package of chocolate instant pudding (I like the sugar-free/fat-free box)
1 12 oz package chocolate chips
1 cup low-fat sour cream
Directions:
1. Preheat oven to 350*F
2. Prepare cake mix according to directions on box.
3. Stir in chocolate pudding mix, sour cream , and chocolate chips
4. Grease two 9 inch round baking pans; divide mix into each pan
5. Bake for 45 minutes.
I insert a toothpick into the center of cake; it should come out clean when cake is ready. I'm not good at making chocolate frosting so I cheated today and used a very thin layer of store-bought frosting. It's also a great time saver too! I suggest serving it up with a nice glass of cold milk